The countdown to Christmas is running, there is less than a day left. Do you get all your christmas presents? Fortunately I do. But if you call yourself a food blogger (even if you are “only” a casual blogger), you are expected to give little gifts from the kitchen. Sadly, i was very busy during the last few weeks. And although I have been this week off, there have been so many things to be done like clean up our flat, do the laundry, buy groceries and so on (simply everything that came off badly recently and need to be done before holidays can start), that i have had no time to stay in my kitchen to cook jam or bake some more cookies (all the cookies, i have baked before are allready gone…). But lucky me, i have a last-minute recipe for German cinnamon roasted almonds (you can also use any other nuts), which are made in under 10 minutes.
Yes, you have read correctly: You need less than 10 minutes, only a handfull ingredients and a microwave oven. You can even roast the almonds very shortly before going to your lovely ones or recieving your guests (German cinnamon roasted almonds even taste best, when they are freshly made and slightly warm). Just put this typically german sweet treat in a jar or cellophane bag, wrap with gift ribbon and there you are!
- 200 g unpeeled almonds
- 60 g caster sugar
- 20 ml water
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon and water in microwaveable dish.
- Place it in the microwave for 1 minute at 600-650 watts.
- Add almonds and stir to thoroughly coat.
- Microwave mixture for 2 minutes.
- Then stir well and repeat the procedure.
- Spread almonds on baking paper, breaking them apart and let cool down.
- Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.