A few months ago I had a very stressful time. And whenever I am in such a phase I get issues with my stomach. And usally everything is going to be fine as soon as things start to work out better. I don’t know if it’s because I am getting older or the stress level is higher, but my issues with my stomach still persited. I can tell you, for someone like me who really love to eat, it’s almost the worst case. So I changed some eating habits, for example eating less white wheat flour and refined sugar and I quit with coffee, which encourges the production of stomach acid. But like it could be read in Instagram account for a long time, I was totally coffee addicted and I needed my daily dose caffeine (had the worst headache ever without one). So I have switched to Matcha green tea, which was really good for my stomach, my head and particulary my mood.
Make a hot Matcha Latte to warm and wake up in the morning and make an iced Matcha Latte to refesh and revitalize myself in the early afternoon. And by the way, after about three months I have started with coffee again, because I really missed the flavor of coffee. But my consum has become less then before and I feel very good with, which shows again the dose makes the poison.
- 3 g Matcha
- 120 ml milk (soy, nut or dairy)
- maple syrup, honey or raw cane sugar to sweeten (optional)
- 1 handful ice cubes
- Sift Matcha into a tea bowl
- Add about 120 ml hot water (70-80° C) and stir by using a Matcha whisk until the matcha is "dissolved". That can take 1-2 minutes.
- Sweeten if you like.
- Fill a glas with ice cubes and pour in the matcha tea.
- Add cold milk (I prefer almond milk) and stir well.