Well, I don’t want to excuse myself for being absent for such a long time again, because I think you certainly become tired of hearing that from me every second month 😉 Yes, there are always some weeks in year when I am super busy and on the road almost every weekend, so you can probably imagine there is no time for blogging. In addition I want to be honest, there was also a time I was fighting with some health issues and I was simply tired of being active on social media. And because I just blog for fun and not for living I just take my time to find my motivation and pleasure for all that stuff again. Today I am finally back for posting this long time ago promised recipe for gluten, dairy and refined sugar free coconut pancakes.
If you follow me on Instagram you maybe remember I bought over 1 kg coconut flour. And If you have already some experience with coconut flour you know that you don’t so much. Let me tell you I already use more than a half so you can figure out how often I bake with coconut flour especially these coconut pancakes.
- 1 egg (seperated)
- 25 g coconut flour
- 10 g ground flax seed
- 10 g coconut flower or raw cane sugar
- 15 g coconut oil (melted)
- 150 ml almond milk (sugar free)
- ½ ts baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- In a bowl, whisk coconut flour, ground flax seed and baking powder. Make a well in the center.
- Mix almond milk, melted coconut oil and egg yolk in pour into the well.
- Stir well and let the batter rest for about 10 minutes.
- Beat egg whites with salt by using an electric mixer until it starts getting foamy. While beating add coconut flower or raw cane sugar slowly and continue to beat egg wihte until it looks glossy and forms peaks.
- Add the meringue to the batter and with a spatula fold in gently.
- Heat a slighty greased big pan over low-medium heat.
- Pour about 1-2 tablespoon for one pancake into the pan, put a lid on it and bake for about 3-4 minutes. Then flip and bake for another 2-3 minutes.